In the middle of nowhere, among the mountains, lakes, rivers, and trails, is somewhere. This blog will serve as our little corner of fun, seasonal tourism content for both guests and residents.
But first, we wanted to share a some fun facts about us:
- The unique color of the Hoover Mountain Bike Area/Trail (located off of New RIver Trail State Park) used to be mined for the Crayola Crayon Company. It was used for the color sienna.
- There are 2 distilleries, 4 wineries, and 1 brewery in Pulaski County!
- The Pulaski River Turtles are a collegiate baseball summer league. SOme of the best college players in the country join us each summer at Calfee Park.
- You can have your very own tea party at Draper Blooms and Sipping Apothecary located at Thee Draper Village.
- Pulaski County is home to two State Parks: Claytor Lake State Park and New River Trail State Park.
We could go on and on! But instead - we’d love for you to follow us on our social (Facebook, Instagram) @pulaskicountyis to learn more.
Written and Edited by Shelby Vandergriff, Pulaski County Toursim
Edited by Shelby Vandergriff, Pulaski County Tourism